Monday, July 21, 2008

Toast in Montclair


Okay, so I have A LOT of catching up to do. I am such a delinquent blogger! See, I get intimidated by blogging. Its a big world out there and I feel so small! But if I keep displaying this type of behavior I know no one will read it! I mean how can I expect people to read if I don't write?!

So anyway heres a quick post to urge you to visit Toast in Montclair. I kept passing this place on Bloomfield Ave, on my way to acting class. Which is another post for another time! I finally found it on the Web and checked out the menu. I saw Lobster Rolls and Bananas Foster French Toast and was SOLD! I shared it with my obsessive breakfast/pastry eating boyfriend and knew we would be there that weekend.

So after working up an appetite at the best concert ever the night before, Billy Joel last play at Shea!!! Yes it was the greatest concert I have ever been to, so legendary in so many ways. After freaking out for Tony Bennett, Stephen Tyler, and Paul McCartney to name a few we needed some refueling.

The menu has so many great creations from Nutella stuffed French Toast, Crab Cake Benedict, to a Tuscan Scramble that it made brunch exciting. There are so many options not excluding the old fashioned staples. Its going to take me a couple of trips to try it all. But our first effort was definitely admirable.

The place is really cute its a cross between a diner and Southren Kitchen. They serve some of the drinks in Mason Jars which I love. And it seems all the servers are friendly local high school girls and boys. We decided to order and share. We ordered Eggs Benedict, Bananas Foster French Toast, and the lobster roll. Now up here in North Jersey we don't see many Lobster Rolls so we figured we could give it a whirl. The Eggs Benedict came with a side of well seasoned potatoes. It was my first time trying it and it sold me. Brian has a love for Eggs Benedict and is usually very particular but he ate in less than 2 seconds so I take it was acceptable. Then we tried the Lobster Roll which came on a toasted piece of white bread-good call! I was very impressed. The chunks of lobster were fresh and it wasn't drowned in mayo which I believe constitutes a decent lobster roll. Then we headed for the Bananas Foster French Toast. Awesome! The Bananas Foster was like a thick syrup that had chunks of bananas in it. It tasted just like real thing minus the ice cream.

I am so looking forward to trying the Island Girl Waffle and the Nutella Stuffed French Toast! But FYI- Toast is only open from 7am-3pm, 7 days a week!

No comments: