Friday, May 30, 2008

Upcoming Events


I know its been awhile but I am back again! Not to quote a Britney Spears song. I wonder how shes doing, I haven't seen in her the news in awhile. Thats a good thing,I hope it stays that way! Anyway, I was in London and Paris this past week! Yes, only a week, and you are right it is WAY TOO SHORT of a trip to try to do that in. But I did and I survived. Plus I came back with some great shots and info on food markets and some restaurants. So look for those in upcoming posts.

I just wanted to quickly give a heads up of two food happenings to mark on your calendar. This Sunday, June 1st, Denville New Jersey is having their annual street fair. And it really is worth showing up too! They have some great local pulled pork sandwiches and calamari from Denville Seafood. Its not just your typical carnivalfood. Its that plus a whole lot more! Plus the ASPCA usually brings some adorable dogs for people to adopt plus you can participate in some cotton eyed joe square dancing!!! Now you really want to go I know!

Also in the city the Big Apple BBQ is taking place on June 7 and 8th. The Sixth Annual Snapple BBQ block party is hitting Madison Square and Admission is free. Pittmasters come from all over to serve up 8 dollar plates of food! I already have my eye on:
Garry Roark
Ubon’s “Champion’s Choice”
Yazoo City, MS
Pulled Pork Shoulder & Coleslaw

The Salt Lick BBQ
Driftwood, TX
Beef Brisket, Sausage & Coleslaw

Elizabeth Katz
Wildwood Barbeque
New York, NY
S’mores
Bourbon Banana Nilla Wafer Pudding

Ugh, its 8:17am and I am starving for some pulled pork? Is that hot or what?!
Just keep in mind like 100,000 people show up to this thing, so its long lines and big crowds...But I am thinking its worth it!
Stay tuned for some overseas adventures :)

No comments: