Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunday Dinner

Sunday dinner is always a big deal. I always love a big pot of gravy with meatballs. But I know that everyone is not like me, bummer! Since I have grown up and started taking on a lot of Sunday dinners at my house I have tried to do different things. Kind of expose my family to some new recipes. Sometimes they love it, sometimes they roll their eyes haha! This Sunday was laid back, a lot of make ahead dishes. I love menu planning, I get really into it ! But I am still learning what works with what! Such fancy terminology I know. So here was my menu this Sunday:

White Wine Marinated Pork Loin
Roasted Potatoes with garlic, thyme, shallots and white wine
Zucchini and Squash roasted with Parmesean
Basic Salad
Crescent Rolls (Just the Pillsbury kind)

White Wine Pork Loin

Thyme
Rosemary (fresh if you can)
Pepper
Salt
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder

1 1/2 Cups white wine

4 garlic cloves cut in half
4 garlic cloves chopped roughly
1 Shallot sliced

1. Place the pork loin in a baking dish or a clear pyrex dish and pour over 1 cup of white wine

2. Then season one side of the pork loin with thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper

3. Take the halved pieces of garlic and make 4 slits on the top of the pork loin. Put the pieces of garlic into those slits

4. Then flip the pork loin over and repeat process in #3

5. Then take the sliced shallots and chopped garlic and sprinkle it throughout the pan or dish

6. Let the pork loin marinate for as long as you can. The longer the better, at least 2 hours!

7. Then put it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes. You may want to hit the broiler on for about 10-15 minutes to get the top browned. Make sure you check the temperature of the pork. It should be about 160 degrees.

Zucchini and Squash Parmesan Bake

Yellow Onion, sliced
5 Garlic Cloves, minced
2 Zucchini,sliced
2 Squash, sliced

Parmesean Cheese
Thyme
Salt
Pepper
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Olive Oil
1 Tsp Butter

1. Put the sliced zucchini and squash into a boil. Season it with the thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Then drizzle the olive oil and mix, coating everything as evenly as possible.

2. Meanwhile take the tablespoon of butter and melt it in a pan. Then add the garlic cloves and onion slices. Saute until the garlic is browned and the onions soft. Then take this mixture and pour it into a baking dish. You are making a bed to lay the zucchini and squash on.

3. Then lay each slice of zucchini and squash ontop of the onion and garlic in an alternating pattern if you can. This also looks pretty which is a plus!

4. Then put it in the oven for about 30 minutes at 400 degrees. Then after 30 minutes take it out and sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top generously. Then drizzle with olive oil, it helps the top brown!


Pin It!

1 comment:

Jill Douglass said...

ok...trying this with thick boneless pork loin chops instead..cannot wait to see how this turns out :) I didn't even know you had this foodie blog till you posted the twitter link yesterday...I scrolled through & decided to put several recipes into my menu over the next few weeks! So, if I try out all the recipes can I be an honorary Deleasa? haha.....still think the cookbook would be a fab idea girly!

~Jill