Tuesday, July 9, 2013

BBQ Winner :)

Right before 4th of July I opened up an email so people could submit their favorite BBQ recipes.
Two recipes were submitted by Debbie. She submitted two recipes one for  Shrimp Skewers in garlic butter and herbs, and a chicken marinade. They sound yummy! I can't wait to try them both.

I love to share recipes and hear of new ones! I cook almost everyday, so I can always use something new! Please continue to send your summer favorites to dinadishes@gmail.com. You never know what I might post!


Shrimp skewers in Garlic Butter and Herbs

-mix olive oil, garlic butter, and herbs such as thyme and rosemary.
- a marinade the shrimp in it for about 15 minutes, put them on skewers and then cook on BBQ until ready) (they don't take very long on a hot BBQ)
*my note-make sure you soak the skewers if you are using wooden ones before putting them on the grill!

*If you need to know how to make garlic butter here is a recipe I adpated from Bobby Flay:

Ingredients:
 
1 1/12 sitcks of softened unsalted butter
4 Garlic Cloves, coarsely chopped
Kosher salt, and ground pepper 

Directions: 
Combine the butter and garlic in a food processor or with a mixer until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Add in herbs if you want to make it garlic and herb butter.


Chicken marinated in Red Wine

(overnight marinade needed)

-Put some red wine in a dish, add herbs and spices, like salt, peper, star anise, clove in the red wine, and than add the chickenpieces.
*my note-you could also use large Ziplocs to marinate over night!

-Let marinade overnight and when ready put them on the grill!

No comments: