Monday, February 4, 2013

Touchdown with Cannoli Dip!

So this year I added a new team member to my superbowl food roster. Cheesy bread has always been my MVP of superbowl but my new player turned into quite the contender this year. You can find this recipe in the earlier days of this blog. Okay, thats enough football talk!

The cannoli dip was favorite of people who even do not like traditional cannoli's (which is insane in the first place!). I even brought it to work the next day and even had the principal eating out the palm of my hand....Or ummmm the tupperware I brought it in. There are many different versions of the recipe on line so this is my requested version. Just a quick note, I know cinnamon isn't typically a part of a cannoli recipe but don't get all crazy on me. I felt like it needed a lil somethin more and this gave it just the right touch!

1.5lbs of Ricotta ( I used whole milk ricotta)
I cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon zest
A pinch of cinnamon
Whole Milk
Chocolate Chips
Box or two of sugar cones
(some recipes say waffle cones you choose!)

1. Mix together the ricotta, powdered sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and lemon zest. Note: You can adjust the measurements to your liking. This is just what I start with. If you want more of a vanilla kick add more vanilla, if you want it sweeter add more sugar!

2. Depending on your desired consistency slowly add splashes of milk. I don't like it too watery, so I just add like two splashes of milk which equals to about a 1/4 of a cup.

No comments: