Friday, February 8, 2013

Baking Blizzard!

So it seems we are going to be snowed in for the next two days! So whats the most logical thing to do with my time? Eat, Cook, Bake! And I am sure I will pray somewhere in-between there, especially for my baking!

I am a big fan of Nutella and it seems it is gaining popularity! So I tried these self frosting Nutella cupcakes that I found on pinterest. I have to say that these kind of come out on the dry side. So I am thinking of making a Nutella buttercream to frost them with in addition to what is already in the cupcake. Besides that they came out pretty good! If I can bake these, anyone can!

Self-frosting Nutella Cupcakes
1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup canola or mild vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk or half & half
1/2 cup(ish) Nutella
Preheat the oven to 350F.






In a large bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.

In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt; add half to the butter mixture and beat on low speed just until combined. Add the milk and beat just until combined, then add the remaining flour mixture and beat just until combined.

Divide the batter between 12 paper-lined muffin cups. Spoon the Nutella into a small microwave-safe dish and microwave it for 10-20 seconds, until softened but not liquefied.
Drop a spoonful of Nutella on top of each, and swirl through the batter with the tip of a bamboo skewer, knife or other pointy object. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until springy to the touch. Tilt them in the pan to help them cool.

Makes a dozen cupcakes.

I also have always been a HUGE fan of banana bread. My Aunt Carlene actually makes the best banana bread ever. Her son was in my kindergarten class and I was always so happy when it was his turn to bring in snack, because I knew it meant banana bread!

I saw one ripened banana sitting in my fruit bowl, yesssss! But alas, all the recipes called for 3-4 bananas. FAIL! But.....I found a recipe online that used one banana, score! So I tried it! Not as good as typical banana bread but still has a good banana flavor. Good recipe to try in a pinch!

One Banana Banana Bread
1 Large Very Ripe Banana (or two small ones)
1 Egg with enough milk to make One Cup liquid
1 Stick butter/margarine (softened) ( 1 stick = 1/2 cup )
1 tsp Vanilla
1-1/2 Cup Flour
1 Cup Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
Nuts (optional)

Put all ingredients in a large bowl together (don’t need to sift or
mix anything beforehand). Use mixer on slow to medium to mix until
lumps are pretty well gone (not too long or bread will be too firm).
Pam-Spray® bread pans (do not flour).
Fill pans 2/3 full
Bake 55 Minutes @ 350 Degree until Golden Brown. Toothpick test for
doneness. This bread comes out q

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMJ! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

OMJ! Thanks love!

Anonymous said...

OMJ!!! Thanks love!

Tracie Jane Bock said...

These are SO good if you ever want to try them!
http://divascancook.com/2011/01/banana-pudding-cupcakes.html