Friday, January 9, 2009

LUPA


Yes, its been a long time but whatever people get busy, or depressed and withdraw from life. Whatever the case I have some good news, I went to LUPA! And I loved it!!! And I didn't go broke eating there, which is even better!

Its very rustic inside the front dining room. Its a smaller more intimate place, especially compared to one of its sister restaurants Del Posto. Its got that amber lit, stone and wood look. Plus you can see the counter where they are working on slicing the meats and making the pasta. Which to me is a total bonus.

But we were seated in the back which is very quite and a little bit more of a sleek look. With leather seats and dim lighting. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable. We started out with Prusciutto de Parma which came out about 10 wonderful thin slices that melted in your mouth which is the greatest! They take butcher paper put it over a wood board and drape the pieces over it, really cool presentation. We also tried the Octopus appetizer which was also very good. Then moved onto a salad that they had as a special. It has crispy pancetta and pears in it. There was something about the seasoning that I loved. Probably because it seemed like it was done with a heavy hand, which some people do not prefer however I do. I think the pancetta added an extra saltiness that I found fantastic.

For dinner I chose the Bucatini All' Amatriciana, I know its standard but I could not resist the possibility of a good bucatini dish! Which it was! Although I think they could have gone a little easier on the red pepper because my nose was running from it haha yuck! Brian tried the Carbonara which usually doesn't excited me however I do like once in awhile. However, when I go back to Lupa thats definitely going to be my next order! It was fantastic, but very peppery (thats not a word right?). But very tasty as was everything. NOTHING was bland. I wish I could remember the white wine we had but I cannot remember the name...Maybe Brian can..It was out of this world!

No comments: