Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Winter Restaurant Week '08 Intro

I have been wrestling about what my first post should be about for two weeks. If I keep this up I figure I am never going to write about anything. Plus my first posts are probably going to be least read!

I am sure most people in the Tri-state area have heard of New York Cities famed “Restaurant Week.” It usually happens in the winter and the summer each year. A bunch of restaurants agree to offer a prix-fixe menu priced at $35.00 in an effort to lure new customers into their establishments. The better part is it gives people a chance to eat at some big name restaurants such as The Gramercy Tavern, and Mercer Kitchen without the big name tab. Also, sometimes a big name restaurant doesn’t mean its good and it can turn out to be a disappointing experience so in the event that’s the case at least you are out $35.00 instead of $150.00. Let’s face it not everyone’s rolling with corporate cards or dating someone who is for that matter!

You can find out about Restaurant Week by keeping your eyes peeled and subscribing to helpful newsletter done by Zagats. Not only do you get notices about great new restaurant and bar openings around the city, but it will notify when Restaurant Week begins.

This past Restaurant Week I had the pleasure of having two fantastic experiences at Mercer Kitchen and Del Posto. Both of which I was skeptical to go into. Those reviews are coming up!

No comments: